PINTEREST

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud ...


This extends to your family too.
While your wedding day is probably one of the most emotional and exciting days of your lives a as a couple, many Brides + Grooms forget that their parents
(if you still have them around) are going through a roller coaster
of emotions on your wedding day too.

So this is my advice on how to manage or control all these
emotions around you so you can still enjoy your day at the fullest.
GIVE YOUR PARENTS THEIR PLACE ON THE WEDDING.

I am not referring to education and manners, I mean really have
them do something exclusively. Like for example Mother of the Bride can be in charge of making sure everybody signs the Guest Book or Signature Book. You may Also have the Mother of the Groom have a special task on your Wedding day too.



Besides Hosting the showers and getting ready, sometimes you don´t want to get them too involved but you can`t leave them out of the picture.




Family is very important and the main reason of getting married is to form a NEW Family, so show some respect and always include the Mothers (Fathers) in something important related to this very special day:
YOUR WEDDING.

THE STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO
by Angela Rhodes from

ON HER WEDDING DAY ANGELA http://www.ohsojoyous.com/

Had the great fortune of getting this amazing photos taken by

http://blog.matildeberk.com/

Where you can actually capture the feeling on Both The Bride + The Groom Mother's.

AMAZING!

The grooms mother at the reception:

I have never seen my mother in law laugh so hard and I just think it's a fantastic photo of her. The photo was taken during the father of the groom speech, the father of the groom was mentioning my husbands travels throughout the world and how he settled in Australia to study and how he met me there, then he began to talk about my husbands achievements; excelling at work at a young age, then living in remote parts of the world just to surf the best waves, and how he was destined to do great things with his high distinction average at university, right after saying that the flower girl who was 18 months at the time suddenly yelled out "UH OH!" It was hilarious against all the proud gloating the father of the groom was doing as well as the impeccable timing! The whole room just erupted and the photo really just captures that as well as the grooms mums pride.



The brides mother with the bride:

It tells a really nice story because as I was getting my hair done and my veil attached, the hairdresser put the veil high at the top of my head (which is what I had requested a few days earlier during the hair trial) my mother saw the finished product and was convinced it was too far forward and needed to be moved back. After some discussion with the photographer, the photographers assistant and my maid of honor we decided my mum knew best and so in this photo you can see her directing the hairdresser to where she thinks the veil should sit the photo also shows the evident stress on my face! I kept this photo and a few others in the series because it was a nice memory to have and I'm so happy she was there to fix things because it was so much better pulled back, and I am so happy that the moment was captured so well.


TO ALL THE MOMS IN THE WORLD: we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment