PINTEREST

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The coolest thing about #DestinationWeddings



I LOVE weddings not only for the meaning of them in a persons life,
but for bringing together cultures and traditions.

This is the story of
My best friend's wedding in Cancun.
(a few years ago)

Picture this:
Andrea (Mexico) and
John (Canada) fall in LOVE.
They decide to bring together friends and family in an amazing
2 day wedding on the BEAUTIFUL beaches of my home town.
And what a surprise half of the guests on Juanito's family
(we call him Juanito which is Johnny in spanish)
are from Jordan.

And this s how
The " ZAFEH " tradition came into my life.
The bride gets to hold 2 candles

The "Zafeh"
is a tradition in weddings in Palestine ,
Lebanon , Syria and Jordan

Yes I was blonde before I turned into a redhair

So Andrea tells me ok get all the girls and we will
meet outside the ballroom
So then we go outside
and all the women are standing in line
so they say get in line
grab a candle
Her amazing Mother in law
tells us: ok we will light the
candles and just enter the room singing
and walking all the way to the dance floor
There Juanito was already waiting with all the men
They take Andre and put her on a chair and they
did the same with Juanito
Then we all danced to their Arabic amazing
music and it was just the cherry
on the pie.
I said Andrea get me the name of this
tradition I have to do it on my wedding.
Who would of thought we where going
to live this amazing experience
in a wedding in Cancun
whit a Mexican and a Canadian
AMAZING what we can learn from
destination weddings

THIS WAS A GREAT ICE BREAKER
SO WE COULD ALL JOIN THE PARTY
AND IT WORKED OUT PERFECTLY
WE NEVER LEFT THE DANCE FLOOR AND THE PARTY
KEPT GOING FOR HOURS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of this tradition before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete